Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I was just reading this, from The Valley of Vision, a phenomenal book of prayers and devotions.
It really caught my attention - I need grace so badly.

"Blessed Lord Jesus,
No human mind could conceive or invent the gospel.
Acting in eternal grace, thou art both its messenger and its message,
lived out on earth through infinite compassion,
applying thy life to insult, injury, death,
that I might be redeemed, ransomed, freed.
Blessed be thou, O Father for contriving this way,
Eternal thanks to thee, O Lamb of God, for opening this way,
Praise everlasting to thee, O Holy Spirit,
for applying this way to my heart.
Glorious Trinity, impress this gospel on my soul,
until its virtue diffuses every faculty;
Let it be heart, acknowledged, felt..........
...O gracious redeemer,
I have neglected thee too long,
often crucified thee,
crucified thee afresh by my imprenitence,
put thee to open shame.
I thank thee for the patience that has borne with me so long,
and for the grace that now makes me willing to be thine.
O unite me to thyself with inseparable bonds,
that nothing may ever draw me back from thee, my Lord, my Savior."

1 comment:

The Salvatierras said...

that should read "impenitence"