Monday, May 04, 2009

3 Months Old

Ethan is already 3-months-old...I knew that time would fly...indeed it has. He's just gotten cuter as he has filled out more, of course, that's a mother's opinion. He had his check-up today and weighed about 12 1/2 pounds (almost double his birthweight) and is in the 50th percentile for height and weight. He's still not sleeping through the night, but at least now he has company - Noah has been waking up at night now too, sometimes several times. The Lord has been gracious to us in letting Michael and I get just enough rest - how lovely a full night's sleep will be someday....meanwhile, I'm depending on my mommy naps! Noah has been showing more signs of jealousy recently - talking like a baby, playing with/on Ethan's toys, wanting us to carry him, and being much more clingy to me - so, I am doing my very best to try to make him feel doted on, snuggled, and special too. I'm learning that Noah needs it more than Ethan does right now. Ethan is perfectly content to wiggle on his activity mat while Noah and I read a book together or snuggle on the couch.




(How do you like those carseats?! I even tried to buckle the seatbelt, but couldn't find the buckle)


At three months, Ethan is now able to lift up his head quite high while laying on his belly and his smiles are only getting more frequent as he gets more familiar with the world around him. Today, I picked up his Peruvian passport! That's right, this kid gets dual citizenship for life! It will be interesting to see if he will use that in years to come. Noah has already talked about how when he and Ethan are older, they'll come back to Peru and do the Inca Trail together. (c:

That little lower lip is just so cute...

1 comment:

Christianne Page said...

He's beautiful, Laura! Yes, having two means never sleeping through the night. If Adelaide sleeps then Evelyn is inevitably up at least once (and she's 4!). The first thing I did was get them on the same nap schedule so I could nap as well! So glad you all are doing well. :)