Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy "Olowen"

("Olowen" is just the way Halloween is pronounced here among our friends.)



With all the cute blogs we've seen of our friends' kids amidst pumpkin patches, I had to share my excitement for the season's festivities from afar. I was delighted to find real pumpkins here at the store! I'm not sure where they get them from, but Noah and I have had fun selecting them - one for each member of our family. (c: Noah loves to carry them around. As you can see, he placed them on his bike and told me he was going to Arequipa. Then he told me he was going to "can them for next winter" - a direct quote from one of his favorite books, "Blueberries for Sal." Indeed, I would like to cook them up and use them for some fun "Fall" treats.






Earlier this week, Michael and Noah brought home a chess set from the market. Noah was so excited to sit with his Daddy and learn about the game, or at least move the little magnetic pieces from square to square.




Just for fun, here's the belly shot at about 6 months...



...and our little "Punkin" in his Daddy's old suspenders


1 comment:

Becca said...

I love the pictures, and I love how pregnant you are Laura! 2 months does a lot!! I miss you guys!!