Thursday, September 25, 2008

Current Update...

I wanted to take a detour from our trip home briefly, and let you know how things are going right now. We are now feeling more settled back into our normal lives here in Lima, especially since Noah has finally reestablished his regular naps and earlier bedtimes without having to have us in the room with him, singing him to sleep. It was a LONG and difficult fight to recover the schedule he had before we left for the States. We had no idea what effect keeping him up late nearly every night, laying down with him (because we were constantly in new places), and often skipping his naps would have on him. All we have to say is we are glad to have our more cheerful and easy-going son back.


He is becoming quite used to the idea of having a baby brother. We got him a (boy) baby doll. When I asked what his name would be, he replied "baby brother!" This doll goes everywhere with him and he is so sweet to watch as he cares for it when it cries.

Here I am last Sunday, 19 weeks pregnant. Our friends say I'm finally showing, so I thought I would let you all know. This little guy is kicking a bunch now. Michael felt him kick for the first time a day before we took this picture. I'm feeling great - my appetite and energy have returned for the most part, but I'm always better off when I have an afternoon nap. I must say that having Noah already sure makes the time on this pregnancy pass quicker!

No comments: