Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Whew...

Things have been busy lately, with a short-term team from Georgia visiting, youth group activities, Father's Day, several birthday parties, extra planning for music, and beginning piano lessons. I'm trying to get out a prayer letter update, and there are some other things I will mention later this week. The trip to San Clemente and Pisco was great, and I'll post on that later, once the team sends me pictures.

Just a round-up of today....it was my first "off" day in a while, so we tried to get a few things fixed here, including our Vonage phone - sorry that's been out to those who have called. It may be up again soon. Then I saw two routs - first of Peru by Uruguay in futbol, 6-0. Ouch. I feel so bad for everyone here. The whole country is so passionate and committed to the sport, but they can't seem to field a competitive team. They lost 4-0 to Mexico in a friendly last week, and there was a palpable sense of shame in the air. Tomorrow could be rough.
Then the NBA finals, which they do show here. What a game! I generally try to avoid the NBA, but the renewal of the great 80's rivalry was irresistable. Congrats to Boston fans, who have had a pretty amazing sports year.

More to come, stay tuned, many things to share.....

No comments: