Thursday, April 10, 2008

Where's Mommy?

Well, I've been meaning to write about this all week, but as you'll see, it's been a little busy. Laura is right now somewhere in the Andes on her way to Machupicchu. She and a new friend Mesha are hiking the 4-day trek of the Inca Trail, in the Sacred Valley outside of Cusco. She left Noah and me on Monday, and returns Saturday afternoon, so it's been Father-Son bonding time at our house. Elita has of course been a huge help, since I still have to work all week. Noah has actually taken it much better than I thought, and only gets upset occasionally throughout the day when he remembers who is missing, especially at key moments like bedtime. Laura made him a little video on the computer explaining where she was, and I'm sure we've watched it at least a dozen times. We have had a lot of fun together, going to parks and visiting friends, though I have to say I am very tired. He has been waking up extremely early, and one morning I dozed off on the couch while we were playing. I woke up a few minutes later to find Noah helping himself to a small box of chocolates left on the table, and it was everywhere. That'll teach me.

His latest language discovery is quite something. I'll say something in Spanish, and he'll say "In English?" After I repeat it in English, he says, "In Spanish?" And on and on we go. Most things he says, he can say in both, and switch between the two depending on who is talking. It is so amazing to watch him learn.

So your prayers for Laura's safe return would be appreciated, and for Noah (and Daddy) to make it just two more days without Mama.

No comments: