Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow!





Sunday afternoon, Michael and I took the opportunity to go for a walk, while Noah took his nap and mom and dad were home to "watch" him. On our walk it began to flurry and by the time we came home, it was truly snowing! Michael and I have many sweet memories of snowy walks, so this was a treat. By that late afternoon there was enough snow for us to play with and show Noah what to do in it. The kids on the cul-de-sac were already out, sledding down the gentle slope of the newly frosted street, and making "snow castles" as they called them. Mom remembered a sled that Michael first used while they were living in Germany. She found it in one of the secret cubbies of the basement, in great shape to use! Noah took it all in. We bundled him up and took him around in it. He even raced grandpa down the hill in it! It was so much fun to discover the newness of snow again for the first time, through Noah's eyes.
Then Monday, Michael didn't have school. Snow days are the best! They just make everyone stop. There's nothing like a snow day when you can snuggle up and drink hot cider and be with the ones you love. The snow is healing to me. It covers everything, turning it pure white! It reminds me of my Savior's love for me, how he covers me, cleansing me, making me pure as the snow from my sinful, selfish ways.

"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD:
though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall become like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

No comments: