Sunday, June 24, 2007

Goodness



"I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 31:14 (emphasis mine)

It's been a while since last I wrote. My last post, around Mother's Day, was describing my recent stuggle with loneliness in a new country. Let me just say, thank you for all of your prayers, notes, talks, and encouragement. The Lord has been rich in mercy towards me in this area. The verse above has been posted on our bathroom mirror and has been a sweet reminder of how GOOD our God is. He has provided some precious friendships through our language school. As a group, we have been getting together, at least once a weekend, to play games, watch a movie, share a meal, explore the city, or the countryside. Next weekend we're all going to Colca Canyon (the world's second deepest canyon). A dear new girlfriend, Aimee and I have been getting together once a week, just to chat, share struggles, and have some girl-time. She is from Canada and is a photographer for her medical mission which sets up clinics all over Latin America. Basically, she's a huge answer to prayer! She took the above picture of Noah and I. Aimee will be leaving for Guayaquil, Ecuador in July, just before Michael's parents arrive. It's neat to make the most of the time we have before she leaves, and she is certainly one we want to keep up with! It would be fun to visit her in Guayaquil if we can.

Meet Aimee


We all went to lunch at a fabulous restaurant yesterday that had a playground. Noah, being the only baby in the group just gives everyone else a reason to ride on the merry-go-round. That's David in gray.

So, while all this socializing has been with mostly English-speakers, it came at a needy time. Spanish is coming, poco a poco (little by little). Speaking of which I need to go study...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! You've got a photographer friend! Love her while you have her! I love the photo of Laura and Noah! So Sweet!

Unknown said...

That's another great thing about nieces and nephews... I can take them to the playground and claim that I'm doing it "for the kids."