Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Lessons Learned

Sooooo, this morning Noah woke me at 5:30, soaking wet - must have had too much to drink before bedtime last night. This, however, didn't matter to him, I had to discover the wetness part after I had already helped him into our bed...I was doing a lot of laundry early this morning.
Since I was already up and Noah was not going back to sleep, I thought I would let him play quietly in his room with his music, paper, and a new found joy - markers! The other day I was SO impressed because we were sleeping in and he had found the markers in the drawer, colored very nicely with them on paper, and even returned the proper caps to each one. From then on he had won my trust with caring properly for markers - all that changed this morning....

I had decided to have some of my own quiet time, reading, journaling, praying. He was indeed very quiet and when I went to check on him this is what I found....





I was so shocked to find him there like that! He had a very proud smile on his face and inside I was dying of laughter, but wasn't sure how to react - this of course, is NOT taking proper care of ones markers. So I told him to go wake-up Daddy. Michael was a little more serious about the whole event (of course stifling laughs as well - who wouldn't?). Somehow, that gave me a brief moment to laugh to myself, while Michael played the role of disciplinarian. I had to capture it all in pictures - it's just one of those times that I know I'll always have in my mind of Noah! It wasn't until I removed his shirt that I found his tummy all colored too! Considering this, I'm surprised the shirt wasn't more colored! I even found green marks in his ear. He got his belly button really well too. Noticing the marks around his lips, I asked him if he had put them in his mouth, to which he nodded affirmatively...needless to say he had a bath before school and I had to do some serious scrubbing. The water was a lovely aquamarine.

2 comments:

Justin PRather said...

absolutely hilarious - i'm 100% speechless. wow.

Unknown said...

that is hysterical. especially the part about the belly button. i'm sure our child is capable of the same. maybe we'll hold off on markers until 3 y/o...