Sunday, March 22, 2009

Glasses

This morning, before church, Michael presented Noah with his cool new glasses! Aren't they sweet??! He did a great job with them for his first day, wearing them about half the time. We're working on keeping them on, teaching him how to put them on by himself, not getting fingerprints all over them, pushing them up when they fall down his nose...this is a lot for a very busy 3-year-old boy. Sigh. Little by little. Everyone at church was so encouraging to him, especially our friends that also have glasses! This is certainly a big adjustment for all of us. We are grateful for your prayers - the Lord is giving us an extra measure of grace and patience with Noah right now with all these changes.

Another cute brother picture

Potty Training update: the potty played 1 song for him last night (= success!) and today he woke up dry from his nap! (Don't worry, I won't always update on this, but just wanted to say that we're making progress!)

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So sweet - we'll pray that the transition goes well!

Martha Smith said...

Hi Michael and Laura, here's some encouragement for Noah from a 4th-grade piano student of mine, whose family attends Walker Chapel:

Dear Noah,

My name is Bailey Knight and my piano teacher was your dad's piano teacher a long time ago (she says he was one of her star pupils! He must have been good). When she saw your new glasses it made her wonder what it would be like to get glasses as a little kid and she thought of me. I started wearing glasses when I was about 3-1/2. My eyes were really bad and my mom had NO idea. The doctor caught it at a physical and then I went to an eye doctor who said that I needed to be fit for glasses. We went to a doctor with really cool equipment that "read" the surface of my eyeball so I hardly had to do a thing. It may seem hard to constantly wear your glasses day after day, but it gets easier. I now have cool glasses that I wear just for sports and my everyday glasses tint themselves dark when I go outside so I have sun glasses all the time. Once I got used to it, it was really pretty easy and I've managed to take good care of my glasses most of the time. One thing my mom thinks is kind of strange is that I still like to listen to books on tape at least as much as I like to read. I guess they're just different activities but it might be different if my eyes were stronger.

Anyway, just wanted to say "good luck" and welcome to the little kids with glasses club!

Bailey Knight
age 9
Arlington, VA
casaknight@aol.com