Sunday, July 20, 2008

Home from the hospital!

We were happily surprised when Elita called us this morning to tell us that Tito would be coming home from the hospital later on in the day! They were expecting at least 4 or 5 days more, but he has made great progress, and doesn't even have any more bandages. So this evening I went over to their house to say hi, and I couldn't believe the difference from just a few days earlier. He is still very tired, in some pain, and did not seem himself when I first arrived. But we could communicate more, and as the afternoon went on, his mood lightened. When we brought out the guitars and started playing together, his smile returned, and the old Tito was back.

He is very glad to be home, under the care of his parents and many relatives who are visiting. I know I will be back over there as much as possible this week, praising God for how he has healed Tito, and praying that the recovery would continue to go as well as it has.

No comments: