Friday, January 04, 2008

Elections...

You could probably call me a geek just for following this stuff. I just need to say that I'm really excited about last night's Iowa results. Two candidates that I like won surprisingly decisive victories. I know it's a long race, but I'm fascinated by the possibilities in this election, and it's encouraging to see those emphasizing unity and optimism over division, rewarded (see their speeches afterward - Obama's was particularly inspiring). Update: Links to speeches - here's Huckabee's as well.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Mike,

You can call me a geek too, because I've been watching the race as well. Have you heard anything about Ron Paul? Some friends at seminary told me about him and his message resonates strongly with me, enough so that I donated some money to his campaign. Check him out if you haven't already. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Brian Whited

Justin PRather said...

Better a geek than ignorant.