Thursday, August 23, 2007

Breakfast Date


Since our schedule has changed recently, I now get to be home in the mornings with Noah before leaving for class. This morning we made a special memory. We walked to our favorite crepe place for breakfast. So there we sat by the window of this lovely restaurant, sharing an appetizer of cheerios, and looking out the window identifying the cars, trucks, and buses that went by. His new favorite word is "bsss" (bus). This restaurant is extremely accomodating of little ones - they brought out a cushioned high chair for Noah, as well as provided him with a little toy truck. We also had our pick of assorted children's books - which were all in French because the place is located in the French alliance. While I can't read a lick of French, we chose a book about jungle animals and enjoyed looking at the pictures together - making the appropriate animal sounds, of course. I know our waitresses were rather entertained, and they doted on him too. One even brought us 2 quarter sized cookies with a small dallop of choclate on each. I was carefully giving Noah the parts of the cookie without the chocolate, as he hasn't yet been exposed to it much, when he reached over and grabbed the rest of it, chocolate and all. I wish I had had my camara to have captured the look of surprise and delight on his little face.

We ordered 2 crepes, as his appetite can nearly handle a whole one, mine of fruit, yogurt, and granola, his of ham and cheese. We prayed and enjoyed our special treat. Indeed, he ate more than half of his and I helped him finish it.

Afterwards, he ran around a bit in their small courtyard before we headed home to meet Concho before my class. What a fun memory! I am excited to have more dates with my son while he'll still let me.

Just a cute pic...a new favorite book!

P.S. Our friend and fellow teammate in Lima posted a blog update about the effects of the earthquake and how she's going to help out...check out "Becca in Peru" on our sidebar. We'll hopefully have a chance to go at some point too.

No comments: