Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Being Mom in Peru


I have the joy of being mom to my sweet Noah Thomas! I just know I'm in love as I laugh over all the silly things he does at 15 1/2 months. Now when we stoop down and open our arms out wide, he comes, almost running, with a big smile and a Noah-sized hug for us. I keep trying to tell him that there will never be a day when hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy are not okay...even as a grown-up.
He's closer still to talking, we think. His babbling is increasing in frequency and sounding more and more like we should be understanding him. We're not worried if it takes him some extra time - he's got 2 languages to figure out!
At meals, he's beginning to take interest in using the spoon. If we help him get something on it, it often makes it to his mouth without too much of a mess....In the tub now, he likes to help me trap air under a plastic bottle or yogurt cup and giggle as the bubbles shoot out. It's so much fun to watch him learn. He also really enjoys getting a little back and shoulder massage with mommy's soapy hands in the tub.

This was the first time he's helped me do some baking. We made chocolate "chip" banana bread. (Chocolate chips are about $7 a bag, so we crumble our own)

I also know how in love with my husband I am as he is sensitive enough to know when I need some time to myself to reflect, journal, and blog. He is always willing to take Noah out for an adventure on the town, which is what they're doing right now. Those guys have so much fun together!

No comments: